Sunday, August 18, 2013

Just Add Honey - berries!

Tonight's post is about the berries! tea from Just Add Honey. It turns out that Just Add Honey does have a decent amount of retail locations, but not in every state. I actually received a sample of this tea in a monthly box, Bonjour Jolie, so I cannot speak about the shipping experience. This tea came in a teabag, but it looks as though the tea that you can purchase through their website is loose. The berries! tea costs $6.50 for a 1oz tin and $3.50 for 1oz with no tin.

As you can see, the tea turned out a lovely pinkish red color. The website recommended that I drink it chilled, so after letting it steep for somewhere around 5-6 minutes, I put it in the refrigerator for an hour or so (somehow, I don't own any ice cube trays).

The tea contains hibiscus, elderberries, blueberries, raisins, and black currants and is caffeine free. It's vaguely reminiscent of Celestial Seasonings Wildberry Zinger. However, I'd describe the flavor of berries! as a bit less intense. Comparing the ingredients, it's probably because Wildberry Zinger contains a few stronger berry flavors, such as strawberry and blackberry. I think that this tea would be perfect for any fans of Wildberry Zinger who prefer loose-leaf tea.

 For those of you who haven't tried Wildberry Zinger, if you're a fan of anything hibiscus flavored, I think this is a great tea for you. I wouldn't say that this has particularly strong notes of any of the other ingredients, but the overall blend is definitely pleasant and refreshing.

Don't forgot to check back tomorrow for more great reviews! And if you have any ideas for things I should review, make sure to leave a comment or email me at internetepicurean@gmail.com!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your review of our tea! We hope you enjoyed your cup!!!

    ReplyDelete