Monday, August 19, 2013

Ziva Chocolates - Chocolate-Covered Maple Peppered Bacon

It seems like mixing savory flavors with chocolate is a new trend these days. I've had a wide range of chocolate bars with sea salt and bread crumbs and everything else, and enjoyed most of them. When I saw Ziva Chocolate's Chocolate-Covered Maple Peppered Bacon I decided I had to try it. Mostly because I love bacon, and the bacon in that picture looks delicious.

As you can see on the left, the bacon I got looks a little less picturesque. However, I didn't exactly work hard to stage it beautifully. Note the texture visible near the bottom. This is apparently "hand-ground black pepper."

I was incredibly excited to take the first bite... only to discover that chocolate-covered bacon is not my thing. Now, I think that if you do enjoy chocolate-covered bacon you absolutely have to try this. The ingredients are clearly high quality. The bacon and chocolate by themselves are delicious. Unfortunately for me, though, the combination just isn't my thing. I don't know what it is, but something about the combined flavors is just a little bit off-putting. However, I did notice that they have Chocolate Salted Caramel Bacon... maybe I'll give that a try sometime.

As for general information about the shipping experience: I got the package about a week after I ordered it. I actually ordered it from their Etsy Shop. I have no idea if there's a difference in shipping times depending on where you order from. The total cost was $22 ($12 for the bacon, $10 for shipping). It appears that shipping is even more expensive if you order from their online store. I'm not entirely sure if the shipping is worth it, though if you are a connoisseur of bacon and chocolate, I think this product is worth trying out.

If you have any ideas for products you want me to review, leave a comment or email me at internetepicurean@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment