Thursday, August 22, 2013

Wicked Good Cupcakes - Sea Salted Caramel

I decided it was time to review the Sea Salted Caramel Cupcake in a Jar from Wicked Good Cupcakes. I previously reviewed their Summ-ah Strawberry flavor. You should check out that post for details about my shipping experience. A basic overview: Total cost for two cupcakes was $29.12, including shipping. The packaging was cool.

I enjoyed the Summ-ah Strawberry flavor, so I had high hopes for the Sea Salted Caramel. (Note: It's referred to as Sea Salted Caramel on their website, but the label on my jar said Salted Caramel. It's the same thing.) It did not disappoint. It could be because I tend to be partial to salted caramel flavored things, but overall, I think it was a pretty delicious cupcake.

The top had a generous layer of caramel frosting, which was delicious and not too sweet. The white cake was good, and moist (though not too moist). There was also a layer or two of caramel tying the whole thing together.  The website says that there are supposed to be white nonpareils sprinkled on the cupcake, but I didn't notice any, which also happened with the Summ-ah Strawberry. It's okay though, I didn't miss them!



Each jar is supposed to equal roughly two cupcakes, but I went through this one a lot more quickly than the Summ-ah Strawberry. I think it was a combination of two things. One, it was less sweet which made it easier (for me) to eat. Two, my jar seemed to be less full than it was with the Summ-ah Strawberry flavor (see the image on the right). I still definitely got my fill of cupcake, so I'm not complaining.

This is definitely a great cupcake for people who don't have a huge sweet tooth, but still like to indulge every once in awhile.

Do you have any suggestions for food I should try out? Send me an email at internetepicurean@gmail.com or leave a comment!




No comments:

Post a Comment