Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Lollyphile - Habanero Tequila Lollipops

I have to admit, I had no idea what to expect when I ordered Lollyphile's Habanero Tequila flavor. I'm not even 100% sure why I ordered it anymore. I'm not even a huge fan of spicy things! Because of that, I was a little hesitant to try it when it finally came time to.

First impression: "Wow, this lollipop is bright yellow. That's usually not a good sign." Seriously, it's much brighter than it is in the picture. Definitely the kind of yellow that you see on caution signs.

 Eventually I got the courage to taste this lollipop and found myself... pleasantly surprised. Despite promising "tongue searing pain," the resulting burn was actually kind of pleasant. It was reminiscent of cinnamon gum. There was also a slight salty flavor, which I assume is the tequila. Overall, not a bad lollipop.

I ordered three types of lollipops from them (4 lollipops of each flavor) and paid about $30 plus $6 shipping. It took around a week for my order to actually ship, but once it did it got here fairly quickly.

Conclusion: Don't get this lollipop if you're looking for a hardcore spicy experience. However, if you enjoy mildly spicy things (or cinnamon gum) then you need to check this lollipop out.

Do you have a product you think I should check out? Send me an email at internetepicurean@gmail.com or post a comment!


No comments:

Post a Comment